Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's a Strawberry Moon

I love the moon in all of its stages but I am especially fond of full moons.  In fact, I love sunsets better than sunrises and falls better than springs and yes, I am a night owl and not a noisy morning goldfinch.  
Tonights full moon awed my whole family as they one by one came into the house and the first thing out of their mouths was "Have you seen the moon?" Duh - of course and I hope you too got to see it. 




Full Strawberry Moon – June This name was universal to every Algonquin tribe. However, in Europe they called it the Rose Moon. Also because the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries comes each year during the month of June . . . so the full Moon that occurs during that month was christened for the strawberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment