Friday, March 25, 2011

Little Cars and Big Soil Bales



I remember when we got our last NEW car and my saying -- "and you will not carry plants and soil in here ---- or shedding dogs for that matter either"
Well, today when I got home from work - thanks to my friend for the ride - there in the back seat of my little focus were - THREE bales of soil. Don't even want to look in the trunk.

If this the fate of my little blue focus?

Soil is of course a necessity to the greenhouse business so I have learned to forgive and forget and use a powerful vacuum. Yesterday we planted up lots of baskets and readied a 1200 pots for today's soil pick up. That means 1200 little geraniums going into 1200 little pots tomorrow. yeah.


Sunny Saturdays working in the greenhouse bring back such nice memories. Back in 1978, I was planting tomatoes with James sitting happily in his car seat. Guess he was preparing for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment